With minimal prep work and a short cooking time, this recipe is great for college students who have limited time, money, and culinary skills. These crispy chicken tenders are also much healthier than the chicken tenders found at fast food restaurants because they are baked instead of fried. Cooks can get creative with their flavors by using different seasoning mixes.
1. ½ lb. chicken tenders
2. 1 ½ c. corn flakes cereal
3. 1 egg, beaten
4. Choice of seasonings (Suggestions: salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, curry powder, etc.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place the corn flakes into a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or a soup can to crush the flakes. Pour the crushed flakes out onto a plate.
3. Season the chicken tenders on both sides, then dip them into the beaten egg. Next, coat each side of the chicken with the corn flakes and place them onto the baking sheet.
4. Bake the tenders for 12 – 15 minutes until cooked through. Serve with a dipping sauce and choice of vegetables.