Sweet, rich, and gooey, this recipe is perfect for a late night of studying. The adventure can include hoarding bananas from Slate, practicing some stoichiometry while substituting baking powder for baking soda, and making a midnight run to Safeway for chocolate chips. Unfortunately, the whole bag never seems to make it to the kitchen.
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/3 cups of mashed, ripe bananas
1/3 cups of vegetable oil
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray or line a muffin pan (recipe makes 12 full size muffins).
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder in large bowl.
4. Mix vegetable oil, eggs, and bananas. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
6. Scoop batter into muffin tins, bake for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy.