Chocolate chip cookies are a quintessential American dessert. Though every baker has their own variation, the basic ingredients in the cookie rarely change. Convention, though, does not preclude delicious alternative methods from existing. Graham cracker chocolate chip cookies represent an alternative and maybe even an improvement over traditional recipes.
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
½ cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
½ cup softened butter or margarine
2 cups chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Create graham cracker crumbs by placing the crackers in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin, heavy ice cream scoop, or even a light hammer.
2. Mix dry ingredients (graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder).
3. Beat sweetened condensed milk and butter. Add vanilla extract.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredient mixtures and add chocolate chips.
5. Place dollops of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then bake cookies for 12-15 minutes.