For a meal that keeps on giving, try this vegetarian lasagna. Make it on Sunday to have a delicious lunch for the rest of the week.
10 lasagna noodles
24 oz. container of cottage cheese (any kind)
2 ½ cups of pasta sauce (any kind)
3 cups of shredded mozzarella, divided
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
2 cups of vegetables
½ tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Grease a 9×13 in. deep baking pan and set aside.
3. Boil lasagna noodles according to the package.
4. While the noodles are boiling, in a skillet pan sear vegetables with olive oil for 3-5 minutes until soft. Suggestion: broccoli florets, onion, and red pepper.
5. When the noodles are al dente remove from stove and strain.
6. Next, in a large bowl mix cottage cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, ½ cup of mozzarella, pasta sauce, and veggies.
7. Layer noodles and cottage cheese mix in greased pan. The top layer should be lasagna noodles. Cover the top generously with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake at 375 °F for 50 minutes or until the cheese browns.