A staple of Chinese cuisine, egg rolls are among the most popular Chinese foods. This recipe recreates the deliciousness of a restaurant egg roll without the hassle and health concerns associated with frying. The recipe makes 16 egg rolls.
1 package of 16 egg roll wrappers
2 cups of chopped cabbage
1 chopped onion
3 chopped medium carrots
½ cup bean sprouts
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 tablespoon vinegar (white or apple cider)
1 teaspoon sugar
soy sauce to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425° F and line baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Heat 1½ tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok.
3. Add cabbage, carrots, onion,bean sprouts, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce to skillet and sauté on medium high for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Set aside vegetable mix. Reduce heat to medium heat and scramble eggs.
5. Add eggs to the vegetable mix.
6. Fill egg roll wrappers with ¼ cup of vegetable mix, roll and seal wrappers with a little bit of water. Repeat until all wrappers are filled.
7. Place egg rolls on lined pan. Brush with remaining vegetable oil.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy.
'Cooking Corner: Vegetarian egg rolls: Hassle-free and healthy' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!