A staple of Chinese cuisine, egg rolls are among the most popular Chinese foods. This recipe recreates the deliciousness of a restaurant egg roll without the hassle and health concerns associated with frying. The recipe makes 16 egg rolls.
1 package of 16 egg roll wrappers
2 cups of chopped cabbage
1 chopped onion
3 chopped medium carrots
½ cup bean sprouts
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 tablespoon vinegar (white or apple cider)
1 teaspoon sugar
soy sauce to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425° F and line baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Heat 1½ tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok.
3. Add cabbage, carrots, onion,bean sprouts, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce to skillet and sauté on medium high for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Set aside vegetable mix. Reduce heat to medium heat and scramble eggs.
5. Add eggs to the vegetable mix.
6. Fill egg roll wrappers with ¼ cup of vegetable mix, roll and seal wrappers with a little bit of water. Repeat until all wrappers are filled.
7. Place egg rolls on lined pan. Brush with remaining vegetable oil.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy.