When it comes to sweet and gooey treats, few dishes can match monkey bread. Traditionally served hot so that the sweet cinnamon dough can be torn off easily by hand, it is similar to a bunch of cinnamon roll middles. Monkey bread is a real crowd pleaser and is super easy to make. Make it for dessert, a snack, or brunch.
3 12 oz packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease pan.
2. Cut biscuits into fourths.
3. Mix white sugar and cinnamon together in a plastic bag. Shake 5 biscuit pieces in cinnamon sugar mix until coated.
4. Arrange biscuit pieces evenly in a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
5. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan.
6. Pour butter and sugar sauce over the biscuit pieces.
7. Bake at 350 °F for 40 minutes.
8. Let stand for 10 minutes then turn out onto a plate.
9. Pull pieces of monkey bread off and enjoy.
For those without a tube or bundt pan, use a large oven safe bowl and a glass jar. Turn the jar upside down in the bowl, and place the dough pieces around that. This method will yield the classic monkey bread look.