Slow cooker chili is an easy dish to make on cold days. This recipe is full of hearty vegetables that are sure to warm the body. Try it at home after a long day of skiing.
Ingredients (Makes 8 servings)
1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 white onion, diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 bay leaves
½ tsp salt
⅛ tsp paprika
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
3 whole cloves
1-2 tbsp chili powder
1 can of light red kidney beans
1 can of dark red kidney beans
1. In a slow cooker pour diced tomatoes with liquid from can.
2. Then mix in chopped peppers, diced onion, olive oil, bay leaves, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, cloves, and chili powder. Stir so ingredients are well mixed.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
4. Rinse and strain dark red kidney beans and light red kidney beans.
5. Stir in the beans 30 minutes prior to serving.
'Cooking Corner: Slow Cooker Chili' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!