Fried chicken is a classic recipe that provides a perfect blend of texture and taste. Hot and juicy on the inside and well-seasoned on the outside, it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
White or dark meat chicken pieces
½ cup milk
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic salt
Pinch dried marjoram
Pinch dried parsley
Pinch dried sage
Pinch dried thyme
1. Before starting, make sure if using frozen chicken that it is completely thawed.
2. Mix the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and spices together.
4. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of a 10 inch skillet and turn the burner to medium heat. Wait for the skillet to heat up. To see if it is properly heated, dip a finger into the milk and egg mix and drop some into the pan. If it appears to fry on contact, the oil is ready.
5. Coat a piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture. Then coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Coat the chicken with the egg and milk mixture again before placing it in the pan. Rotate the chicken every two minutes until both sides are golden brown.
These steps can be applied to any meat. Pork chops, beef fillet, fish, and even bacon can be substituted for chicken. Excess dry mix can be stored in a plastic container. The egg and milk mixture should not be saved. If there is excess of both, they can be mixed together with more flour to make a dough, which can be fried as well.