Banana bread makes a great sweet treat. This bread is moist and rich, but it is also healthy. This recipe is dairy free, egg free, whole wheat, and has no added sugar. Be sure to give it a try.
Ingredients (Makes one loaf):
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup vegetable oil
⅓ cup Truvia sugarless sweetener*
⅔ cup rice milk (or another non-dairy milk)
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups vegan chocolate chips*
Note: *Truvia and vegan chocolate chips can be found in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.
1. Preheat oven to 325 F and grease a 4×7 loaf pan.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients: vegetable oil, Truvia, and rice milk.
4. Beat wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes or until well mixed.
5. Gently add in mashed bananas.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the center is thoroughly cooked. Enjoy.