Few meals are as enjoyable out in the wilderness as pancakes. This recipe looks to take the classic outdoor breakfast food and move it into the kitchen.
3 cups of Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix
2 cups of water
cup of fresh fruit (Optional)
½ cup of chocolate chips (Optional)
Pan or griddle
1. Heat up the pan/griddle on a camping stove, home stove, or turn on a griddle to medium heat (375 degrees). Lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
2. Place 3 cups of pancake mix in a bowl along with 2 cups of water. Blend the ingredients together with a whisk until they are mixed well, but still lumpy. For thicker pancakes, just add more mix to the bowl.
3. Add the fruit or chocolate chips to the mix if desired and stir until they are evenly distributed.
4. Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop up the mixed batter and pour it on the pan or griddle.
5. Cook on each side for about 60 to 75 seconds or until golden brown.
'Cooking Corner: Campfire Pancakes' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!