Lighten up any dessert tray with some fresh out of the oven banana bars. A blend of banana mash and smooth chocolate creates a confectionery delight. Their pillowy texture heightens this sensation, making it hard to stop after having just one!
2 Cups flour
2 tsp. baking power
Pinch of salt
¾ Cup butter
2/3 Cup white sugar
2/3 Cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Cup of mashed bananas (approximately 3 bananas)
2 Cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease cookie sheet
3. Mash bananas and eggs in bowl
4. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugars, and vanilla.
5. Slowly mix two bowls together
6. Add chocolate chips, stir evenly
7. Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and spread evenly
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick can be inserted into desert and cleanly removed.
* Try replacing (or supplementing) chocolate chips with raisins or nuts.
* For a sweeter experience, lightly dust top of finished desert with powdered sugar.
* Replace flour with gluten-free substitute for gluten-free alternative! Be sure to add water according to gluten-free flour instructions.
'Cooking Corner: Banana Bars' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!