Traditional chocolate chip cookies are an easy favorite, but this slight variation is even better. Chewy and soft with just a touch of spice, these cookies contain cayenne pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon. The sweetness of the chocolate compliments the spice mixture nicely, providing a sweet snack or a gourmet dessert. While the recipe calls for milk chocolate chips, the cookies can also be made with semi-sweet or dark chocolate for a slightly healthier cookie and a richer flavor.
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup unsalted baking butter (1 stick)
¾ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and mix thoroughly with a whisk or fork. Set aside this mixture for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Mix on low-speed until thoroughly combined. Add the vanilla and the eggs, and mix until the mixture is fluffy and no lumps remain.
- Gradually add the dry-ingredient mixture, and finally stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Form the dough into one-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the upper-third of the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet immediately, and let cool for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!
'Sweetly Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!