These Blue Moon cupcakes are a spectacular way to enjoy the local brew. Bake them for a study party or for a new dessert at Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe will make 24 cupcakes.
3/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp orange
1 cup Blue Moon beer
1/4 cup milk
Orange wedges for garnish
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 24-muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Beat together the butter and sugar for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Add the vanilla and orange zest.
6. Combine milk and beer and alternatively add this mixture and the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Make sure to start and end with flour.
7. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes.
1. Mix butter until creamy.
2. Add vanilla and orange juice to butter.
3. Slowly add powdered sugar to butter until the frosting is nice and fluffy.
After frosting the cupcakes garnish with an orange. Enjoy!
'Cooking Corner: Blue Moon Cupcakes' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!