This recipe makes a delicious and easy dinner, but do not forget the butter and garlic salt. It makes these calzones extra good.
1 package pre-made pizza dough (Whole Foods, Martha White, or homemade dough)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
¾ cup toppings, divided (onion, green pepper, mushrooms, pepperoni)
¾ cup pizza sauce, divided
½ tablespoon melted butter, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Mix pizza dough. Divide the dough in two and roll out into even circle.
3. Fill each calzone with 3/8 cup pizza sauce, 3/8 toppings, and ½ cup cheese.
4. Fold dough in half and pinch the edges closed.
5. Melt butter and brush tops with butter and a sprinkle of garlic salt.
6. Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
To make some homemade dough:
1.5 cups of flour
½ package of active yeast
½ cup warm water
½ teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Mix together flour, yeast, water, salt, and white sugar. Coat dough with vegetable oil.
'Cooking Corner: Calzone' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!