Making something vegan does not mean sacrificing taste. These cupcakes are moist and delicious and the frosting adds just the right amount of sweetness.
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 ¼ cups flour
1 cup white sugar
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup warm water
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
1 eight ounce package of dairy free cream cheese frosting*, softened
¼ cup of vegan butter**, softened
1 cup of powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake pan.
2. In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
3. Then, add water, vanilla, vegetable oil, and vinegar. Mix together until well blended.
4. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
1. In medium bowl mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Mix in vanilla.
3. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
4. Frost cupcakes once cooled. Enjoy.
*Vegan cream cheese can be bought at King Soopers
**Vegan butter (EarthBalance or Smart Balance Light) can be bought at King Soopers